Sunday, 26 May 2013

Welcome to WildInBritain.com

Welcome to WildInBritain.com!

This site will act as a kind of photo-journal of my wildlife encounters in the UK. Looking back through my photo archives I realised I had thousands of pictures that, as time moved on, were losing context. With many of them I didn't even remember where the photo was taken. The best of them often ended up on my photography web site, or on one or more photo sharing web sites, but the bulk would get filed away in a bunch of folders, seen by nobody and forgotten by me. That is
why I started this site.

I live in the Forest of Dean, so certain species may end up somewhat over-represented as that's where I spend most of my time, but I try to travel as much as I can. Even when I don't take all my camera gear out, I try to at least carry a pocket camera, or even a phone camera, as you never know what you might see or when. This site isn't here to show off my best pictures - that will become embarrassingly obvious when you see some of the pictures that I'll be posting - it's more of a wildlife diary, warts and all.

I like to try not to discriminate with regard to the species I try to see. Certainly some are more photogenic than others, many are easier to see than others, but all species are important and all hold interest for me.

Please note that many posts might seem a bit unseasonal at times, at least in the early days, as I dig stuff out from the archives. I'll still throw in current posts too.

Thanks for visiting :)

Ben

1 comments :

  1. Great work on the site Ben! Look forward to seeing your future work on here as well as your photography sites.

    ReplyDelete